Thursday 17 August 2017

Cassidy Paris - 'Talk About It' Single Review


Cassidy Paris – ‘Talk About It’

I must admit I don't normally do single reviews, but every now and then I come across an artiste that deserves a review, especially when its a promising debut such as this!

Cassidy Paris a 14 year old from Melbourne is a new artiste on the pop/rock scene. She comes from a musical family, her dad is Steve Janevski of The Radio Sun, and Black Majesty, but  she is purely trying to go it alone and on her own terms with no like to her dad.

Talk About It is her debut single, and I have to say that it shows a great deal of promise for what is hopefully lying ahead of her. You would possible think that she it trying to get to the teen market, but it’s a bit more complicated than that, as ‘TAI’ is a song that would more than catch the ear of many an adult who goes for a catchy tune. The more I play it, the more it gets under my skin, and isn’t that just what music is all about?

The song was co-written with Paul Laine (Dark Horse, Danger Danger) and draws its influences from Avril Lavigne, Pink, and dare I say it, and the riff is something that could easily come from the hands of the great Rick Springfield.

The biggest complement I could give is that I could really imagine her dads band performing it as it comes from a very similar stable and style to The Radio Sun, ignoring the lyrics of boyfriends of course!!

For me, anyone who wears a Dokken ‘Back For The Attack’ t-shirt and has posters in her wall if Kiss, Halestorm, The Biters, and Bill & Ted immediately gets my vote!

The future is very bright for Cassidy Paris.



No comments:

Post a Comment